Thursday, March 16, 2006

For a healthy weight loss of 2 pounds a week, how often should I visit the gym? -

I have started eating 1500 cals a day as well. I m 24, 5 7 and 168 pounds (12 stone) is 3 times a week doing 90 mins of cardio sufficient or should I break it up and do the same exercise over more days?

You need to be working out atleast 3 times a week for atleast 60 min each time. That is a minimum, anything more is good too. Just no more than 6 days a week. And also dont do just cardio. Do half cardio and half weight training. Cardio with burn a lot of the calories, but so will the weight training as well as fat. Plus you muscles will get toned from the weights. Doing just cardio doesnt do much, you may drop the pounds but in the mirror it will compare nothing to if you add weight training in too. I work out 6 days a week, 30-45 min cardio and 60-90 min weight training. Im 20 5 7 started at 174 and now im 149. All within 2 months.

Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals. U will also enjoy ur food more than what u have been doing otherwise.Take light exercises and brisk walks for 30 min.regularly preferably twice a day.U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry. U cannot however choose spots for reduction.This schedule will also be helpful in maintaining good healthy weight.U need not reduce ur weight so fast.

I found this on this website. There are more tips and info.go to: How to lose 2 pounds a week? Go to: search How to lose 2 pounds a week? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en newwindow=1 q=%22How+to+lose+2+pounds+a+week%3F+-+Healthy+life+every+day%21%22+-answers.yahoo+ btnG=SearchI believe that weight loss always starts from mindset. This is the reason why i am able to lose 15kg in 2 months and maintain for 3 years straight, all the way till my pregnancy.1) What is my goal? I want to lose __kg in __ time.2) Why do I want to achieve this goal? (if possible, come up with 50 reasons)3) If I do not achieve it, what pains will I have? (come up with as many reasons as possible)4) If I achieve it, what happiness will I have? (come up with as many reasons as possible)5) What will happen to me if I continue my current situation for the next 10 years?6) Then when do I want to take action?Some solutions I can offer you for diet:Breakfast: eat fruits/drink fruit juiceLunch: Less carbo, more veg and fruits, less seafood, meat and eggsDinner: Same as lunch but no solid food after 8pm. Soups are great dinnersIf you want to exercise to enhance the speed of weight loss. Go for some light jogging or do something you enjoy like an aerobic class or kick boxing class...search How to lose 2 pounds a week? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en newwindow=1 q=%22How+to+lose+2+pounds+a+week%3F+-+Healthy+life+every+day%21%22+-answers.yahoo+ btnG=Search

3 times a week for even an hour would be fine for your 2lb loss...............good luck.