Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Exercise Question...? -

I m working on a serious weight loss program right now where I exercise 4 to 6 times a week. I heard it s good to have atleast 3 days of strength/weight training...my question is, when going to the gym, is it better to do the cardio/fat burning first? or the weights first? or does it not matter?

Actually, I believe that doing cardio first helps to keep your heart rate up during strength training. With your heart rate up, you will burn more fat while lifting weights than you would if your heart rate was low. The best thing to do is to speak with someone who is certified in this field. If you don t want to spend the money on a trainer, just see if you can ask a trainer some of these basic questions so that you can design your own workout (search the internet to get some ideas). Everyone s body type is different and what works for you may not work for someone else and vice versa. Have fun (play some music while you exercise), make sure to eat right, and be consistent. I pray the best for you.P.S. I lost over 20 pounds and the main things that helped me were eating right and good cardio. My strength training consisted of light weights with 12-to-15 reps per set. Consistency to all of the above is the real key. You will hear all sorts of ideas, workout varieties, etc., but remember that whatever you do, you need to be consistent to get the results that you desire. 1 love in Christ. (Philippians 4:13) - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Weights first then the cardio. You want to get as much oxygen into your mucles to train them to burn fat. During your weights your heart rate should be up the entire time with about 15 reps per station using lighter weights. Then finish with cardio. My trainer is Jay Williams, she is a PHD and has a book out called 24 hour turnaround Check it out...it helps with every aspect to achieving your healthiest goals in life!

I don t think it matters

If you are losing weight do cardio first and then do weights. I had a personal trainer and lost 86lbs and I always did cardio first and then worked out with him. It worked!

Always do cardio first. But, make sure you vary your pace...so that your heart beats rate go up and down...so this way u will burn more calories fast.

You will be better off doing your resistence training first, so that you are fresh and have the energy to knock out an effective workout. Keep your weights session to about 30mins. You can then follow this with 30-60 mins of cardio. Remember to warm up before weight session with 5 min of light cardio, and to have a good 5-10 min stretch after workout. For your non-weights days, aim for at least 45 mins of cardio.As long as you keep your motivation up and maintain a healthy well balanced diet, you should see some awesome results.

cardio first becuase it burns more fat than weight and also muscle weighs more than fat and good luck!