Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Has anyone ever been to Curves? -

has any body ever used curves, the womens weight loss program. Does it work and how much does it cost?

I worked there. The weight loss program works, but it is basically low carb diet like adkins or the zone. It is extra on top of the membership. May I suggest that if you join curves, follow either adkins or zone and just take advantage of their weighing and measuring. Good luck. Any questions e-mail me. I am in Canada so the price will be different if you aren t.

I was a Curves member a couple years ago. It costed like $80 to get started and it was like $35 a month. If I had went just one week earlier I could have not had to pay the initial fee. They have special offers regularly. I was going to Curves and Weight Watchers and lost about 20 lbs. in the first month and a half. It was like melting off. Then I got pregnant and couldn t do it anymore and I haven t went back. It is awesome. No men - my favorite part!

My godmother went to it and she likes it. It helps out. I think you can do a weekly thing by like going to the meetings and that should help you start out. As for the prices it varies what ur trying to accomplish, I believe!

I would never consider going to Curves because the owner is a major contributor to major over-the-top pro-life groups.

I used to work at Curves. It works well because they use what s called hydraulic resistance (the equipment gives you the proper amount of resistance depending on the speed you use when doing the reps), which tones your body nicely rather than building bulky muscle. It is a type of workout referred to as circuit training, which means you spend about a minute at each station until the music says, change stations now and you go around the circuit three times, which is a total of 30 minutes. Then you do some stretching at the end. The only thing is that the Curves workouts don t include very much cardio, so it is recommended that you supplement them with cardio. If you do cardio vascular workouts (walking, running, etc.) for an hour at least 3 times a week and the Curves workout 3 times a week, then you will see results. (You also need to eat a healthy diet.)

my sister in law has...it worked wonders for her...lost over 100lbs and they want her to be in promotional material and stuffcant rem the cost though...