Monday, March 12, 2007

Teen girls, what do you do to lose weight? -

hi im 16 and trying to lose around 20-30 lbs. i was just wondering if any other teens had weight loss tips or suggestions? thanks!

i do yoga on tuesday, hot yoga on friday, and belly dancing on thursday.

1. When you feel hungry, have a glass of water first. We re so out of touch with our bodies hunger/thirst signals that sometimes when we think we re hungry we re actually just dehydrated. 2. If you re still hungry, have a half of a grilled chicken breast with a salad or steamed vegetables. The protein from the chicken is slow burning, so it will keep your hunger satisfied for a longer period of time than carbohydrates do. The vegetables are full of nutrients, which will also leave your body satisfied, simply because we don t tend to be hungry as much if we are getting all of the nutrients we need. 3. Watch what you snack on. If you normally snack on chips or sweets, substitute the chips for red grapes (great for your heart) or blueberries (rich in amino acids). Or apples, which are rich in fiber. Sometimes when I m craving salty foods I will eat tortilla chips or sun chips instead of potato chips. The sun chips, again, are rich in fiber and the tortilla chips are low fat. 4. Walk for an hour every day. This doesn t have to be all at once, but if you can avoid driving, do it. Ask one of your friends to be your walking buddy. My ex-boyfriend lost 8 pounds in two weeks when he came out to the midwest to visit me because I don t have a car and he was walking every place instead of driving. 5. If walking isn t your thing, try doing yoga, aerobics or pilates. I was in the best shape of my life when I was training to be a yoga teacher (I weighed 110 pounds at 5 3 . I now weigh something like 120 at 5 3 because I went away to college and gained the transfer 10.) 6. Allow yourself one day every week where you don t watch what you eat. It ll make your lifestyle changes easier to adjust to. 7. Eat until you re 80% full. Don t eat until you re gut-busted, but stop eating when you feel satisfied. Not hungry, not gut-busted, but satisfied. Edit: To the poster below me, good call. The associate minister at my church lost 20 pounds when she first started doing bikram (hot yoga) ten years ago. As a certified yoga instructor, I would recommend that you increase your water intake if you re going to do Bikram yoga though. Instead of 8 ounces of water, drink an entire gallon (over the course of the day, not all at once.)

Eat five small, basic meals a day. Try to incorporate all the major food groups, and try to avoid sugar as much as you can. You can still have sweets, but not every day, just on Monday as a pick-me-up or on Friday as a celebratory treat. Exercise, but make sure it s something you enjoy, or, if you re like me and don t really enjoy sports of any kind, just take a brisk walk as often as possible. Also, don t get discouraged when you don t lose as much weight as you want to as quickly as you want to---these things take time and patience. :) Good luck.

Try walking on a daily basis for about 30 minutes to begin with. Increase the amount of time as you feel more comfortable doing so. After about 2 weeks you should introduce 30 seconds of jogging followed by 2 minutes of walking for the entire time that you are excercising. This will increase your level of fitness and is a great way to start excercising =]Good luck xx

After school, my friend and I go to the gym everyday!I also get up 30 mins earlier to take a walk in the morning before school. And also, I bring my own homelunch to school instead of eating their food. I usually eat a salad for lunch. Plus, it s good to have eggs for breakfast because eggs have lots of protiene, and protiene keeps you full longer. So you don t feel as hungry. Then when I get home from school/ the gym, I have a small snack like an apple, and then I just go about the rest of my day, and then have a small dinner because your metabolism is slower at night so you gain more calories at night, so its good to eat light at night lol!

well i was sick and i only ate 1 meal a day and sometimes i would just snack on something but drink lost of liquids and i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. but i run a lot and i work out and that helps. also cut your meals like in half and when you feel the urge to snack on junk food, chew gum or drink some water

The best and fastest way that I lose weight is to just eat fruits and veggies. But then after about 3 weeks my brain starts feeling like it s dead, so I can t really do that for long periods of time Lol That s what works for me though...and then I put it back on (I need to figure out the solution to that part...)

Just cut down on the junk food ( sweets and crisps) and fizzy juicesEat more fruit and veg, and drink water, or fruit juice rather than fizzy juiceAnd exercise.Go to the gym for a while every weekOr go swimming, or just go for walks

if you want a system try weight watchers I m 16 and i ve been on it for about a month and lost like 8 pounds. its so great and the stuff im learning i can use for the rest of my life

exercize and eat healthier!also dont weigh yourself everday (watched pot never boils)

um... yeah the not weighing yourself thing really does work. Studies have proven that you lose more weight when you dont weigh yourself often, they have no idea why. But if you really want a diet to fit your lifestyle and to help you lose faster and to do a plan that fits your need I suggest that you go see a nutritionist and a doctor. Every diet doesnt work for everyone.xoxo Jeana

best thing is get hooked on water and walk as much as possible walk walk walk its the best workout and the easiest really stead of driving or rideing walk and replace soda and juice with water . jumping jacks whenever you in ya room just put music on and start jumping lol and danceing is a good work out turn the music up and dance till you work up a sweat 3 it can be crazy cuz only you will see lol just work up a sweat for bout 30min the sit down catch ya breath and drink sum water and only eat when your really hungry not because your bored 3 good luck and o yea im 17 3

just eat healthy and exercise its any ones best bet!!

im have been tryin to lose weight for a while and i haven t been able to, its easy to gain weight but not lose it lol. than i gave up and now im doing it a way NO ONE should but yeah lol im on a crash diet right now, dont ever do it lol i don t even know why i do it. I would suggest eating healthier like eat salads, vegetables, and fruits and stuff and exercise