Monday, March 12, 2007

Weight Loss Tips for teens? -

I am 16 and very active. I play lacrosse for 4 hours a week, swim competitvly for 14 hours a week, and do various types of dance for 12 hours a week. I m a lacto-vegetarian (I eat no meat or eggs). I was just diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, and my doctor told me that I should loose wight and it would help. I m 5 6 and my waist is 34 inches around at the widest part and I weigh 185 pounds. Any tips to help me loose weight? ThanksPLease do be polite. This is a serious question, I really want to improve my slef.

Tips:#1.) You might confuse hunger for thirst so before you go and grab somthing to eat drink some water and give it a few minutes to settle. If you re still hungry go eat an apple or maybe a few grapes and wait untill your next meal.2.) You might think your hungry when your not. Or you just want to eat because theres food in the fridge. When you know your hungry is when you start to get stomach cramps.3.) Dont starve yourself on a bad diet! Go on a healthy diet. They work alot better then not eating at all. 4.)You should research about food and the calories and fat. It will help you think again when your about to eat a huge bowl of icecream.5.) You should eat one serving of every food group (but try to not have so much of the sugars). A serving is about a palm full of what ever your eating. Or 3/4th a cup.6.) Make sure you get enough excersice! Thats very important! You should go out for quick jog s in the morning before school. Scientests have prooved that you loose 3/4th s more body fat by running in the morning rather than evening or night. That dosnt mean jogging in the evening is bad ( it still burns fat) its just easier to burn fat in the morning.7.) Remember to feel good about yourself! That is very important the more mentally challanged to do this the better!(p.s.) Loosing fat takes time so dont get mad when you dont burn 10 pounds the first day! I hope this helps!

how can you weigh that much but have skinny small waist and only be that height?

Do pilates. . they work like you would not believe,maybe join the spin class at your local gym as well?Im assuming most of your mass is related to muscle. . so i wouldnt honestly excpect to lose that much weight if i were you. . but pilates and yoga are great.

eat several small meals throughout the day.choose high protein foods rather than carbs which digest quickly so you don t feel as hungry through out the day.

Well, sice you re already obviously really active, and you are a lacto-vegetarian (fight the power!), I would just cut out the majority of the junk food from yuor diet, and drink plenty of water. Lifting weights is also actually a good way to lose, because it builds muscle that burns dreaded f*t. Good luck!