Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Weight loss tips for soda addict? -

Ok, I m not by anymeans overweight, however I m a little more snug in my jeans than I d like to be and I ve actually gone from a size 5 to a size 9. I only weigh 130 pounds, and I m 17 years old.I know why I m not losing weight; it s because I m so addicted to soda and I can t stop drinking it. I know if I stopped I d lose the extra weight on my stomach and give me the flat tummy I ve always wanted. Anybody know some really good advice or tips on how to help me ween off of soda so I can lose weight and slim down? I really want to, I ve tried cold turkey and it doesn t work.Thanks for all answers!

These drinks are loaded in sugar that s your main problem - check out the calorie info on the back and how much you drink per day.Go for a diet one insted.Try and reduce FAT (frying foods) and alcohol (a night out could pile on a lot of weight)Reduce SUGAR, FAT and ALCOHOL, these are the worse when it comes to weight.Exercise more too. I use to drink sugar drinks when I was young (about 13-15) and I was fairly chubby, I stopped all together and drank more water ... today I drink water, tea and cola still. I go for Asda s store brand caffiene/diet free cola (you ll only know them if your in the U.K.) and I don t consider myself at all overweight.I rarely use sugar, I don t even like the stuff anymore ... overtime you get used to it. I almost never sweeten my tea with anything just because I don t feel the need to.Rebecca Louise!: She raises a good point - becasue it s orange juice with added vitimin C doesn t mean it s better ... half these drinks are loaded with crap. Go the supermarket and check out how much kcals there are per 100ml and compare drinks.

get rid of all the soda in your house so that makes it harder. or just try to limit yourself to like a few a day depending on how much you drink. then after a few a day do 1 a day and then none. soda is so bad for you and just doesn t make you fat it does alot of other damage.

your right fizzy soda will bloat you up, but drinking fruit juices can also make you put on weight because they are full off callories. I would say try the fruit juices for a while. or even sparkling water with fruit juice added and cut down like that.

Diet soda? Low sugar soda?

no sodas period !!!

definitely try diet soda. you might not like the taste at first but think of zero calories. but i think there is still a bloating problem associated with sodas. i personally like Diet RC and Diet Rite(no caffeine or sodium) but think all diet soda taste pretty good once you get use to them.i quit for 8 weeks and i was angry and depressed for a few weeks.i was drinking many a day so it was a shock for my system./ i changed over to sipping a gallon of ice water a day. from the time i woke up til bedtime./i have had a few sodas this week and am going to just start back on water before i get addicted again.