Monday, September 24, 2007

He badgers me to lose weight. Am I right to feel this is unfair? -

Here s the catch: we met and began seeing each other when I was already the same weight I am now. I am fairly heavy, yes, but I haven t gained ONE POUND since we met! My opinion is that he knew I was big when he got involved with me - if I was too fat for his taste, he could have chosen not to date me. He doesn t think it is a problem that he expects me to change myself just because he asked.For all you chubby-haters, I m not asking for weight loss tips. Nor am I blaming someone else for my weight. I am a big girl, I AM physically active, and I happen to like myself just fine the way I am.So, is if fair for him to expect me to lose weight for him? He s doesn t ask out of concern for my health, but rather because he wants a skinnier girlfriend.

You shouldn t lose weight for anybody but yourself. If he s not going to accept you for who you are, dump him. He s not worth it.

If he isnt happy with the way you are then he can hit the road and take his skinny-loving *** with him!

yea because he likes your personality but he doesn t find dating a blimp very attractive

Ask him what his problem is. Why would he date you if he had a problem with how you looked. Someone that is gonna be with you has to like all of you and shouldn t try to change you at all. he shouldn t expect you to lose weight just cuz he ahs been tellig you to. Tell him that if he wants a skinnier g/f that he needs to look somewhere else because your happy just the way you are.

I wouldn t change a thing. If you are happy with yourself, good for you.

The question is not if it is fair or not because that dosent matter the question is if you like him enough to change for him and if you dont then dont complain when he cheats on you with a skinny girl.

Personally I would tell him where he could stuff his diet food=) It is wrong of him to ask you to change...if it s your weight now I wonder what it will be tomorrow....dump his sorry ***.

Water and rice cakes will fix this. You should do whatever it takes to keep him.

It s very unfair for him to ask you this ..Well I have gained much weight since I first met my hubby 10 years ago and he sometimes cracks on my weight and I just laugh it off but I know if hurts me and he has also we have 3 kiddos so yeah I was not fortunate enough to be one of the fortunate to have stick figures right out of the hospital.. and always tell him if you keep on I might just lose 170 lbs (him). Do it if you feel like doing so for yourself not for anyone else....

He is being totally unfair. You don t have to change for anyone. Dump him, and find someone who likes you for you!