Friday, March 21, 2008

Feeling fat, ugly, and sad.? -

I m 18 years old, 5 5 , and (since I haven t weighed myself recently) am guessing that I m between 110-115 pounds. I try to diet by not eating at all or eating one square meal a day. I used to excercise but I didn t see any results. My family says that I m too skinny, even though I know that s a lie. My boyfriend says that I m beautiful and blah blah blah. It s hard for me to believe him when I see myself as fat and ugly. I feel so badly about it; it s all I can think about, and my relationships with others are severely suffering. I just don t know what to do. Does anyone know any weight loss tips or anything like that? I just feel so lost.

Well if you check your BMI on any website, it will tell you you are perfectly healthy - however. Let s address how you are feeling and what s going on.Not eating all day or actually only eating one meal a day barely can do more harm than good. You see, if you don t eat for a long period of time your body goes into starvation mode and when you DO actually eat, your body immediately will take what you re eating and turn it into a fat reservation somewhere on your body because it doesn t know the next time it may be able to eat - if it turns what you eat into fat, then it has it there to feed off of later if you do end up starving. It s how we re programmed. What s better for you is to eat small meals all day - even if a small meal is like, half an apple, or a handful of nuts. Do that in small things all day long and you won t feel pangs of hunger, you won t feel like you are gorging yourself on food, and you are being more kind to your body. Try and do some exercises to maybe flatten your stomach if that s your area of complaint, like crunches. Or if you don t like your hair and you feel ugly, go have it changed. Do something for yourself. You sound like you have SUPER low self esteem. And while I can tell you that I was there and I know EXACTLY how you feel (only I was 5 4 , not 5 5 ) and that you will come out just fine on the other end of things, you need to take control of how you feel and really find out why you don t like yourself. Is it really your self image? You need to find things you like, realize how beautiful you really are... really. Just promise me if you are still going to diet that you do it the way I just mentioned, because otherwise, you are going to make yourself more depressed because your body will maybe even GAIN weight from you trying to starve it. Just be kind to yourself - you have to last a while, it s helping you run. Don t forget to take a multi-vitamin. Those don t have anything bad in them. No carbs, no fat, and drink lots of water too. That way you won t be missing out on any nutrients you may be cutting out of your diet ... If you re still stressing, talk to your doctor about it. Go meet with your family doctor, honestly tell him how you feel, see if he can t do something for you or recommend the healthy way to lose weight or whatever.I don t think you need to lose weight, but what I say doesn t dictate how you feel.Good luck, and email me if you ever need to chat! Because I know what you re talking about!

u r sooooo not fat, you just think you are. i know what fat is, cuz i m it, and you re NOT!!! Report Abuse

Listen to me now. Life is not about this. Life is not about being fat or ugly. Life is about people and experiences. Even if you weigh a bit more than what you said, you are thin. You are NOT fat. Not eating at all or eating only one meal is NOT good for your body. Do not do this to yourself. Your body was given to you as a gift; I suggest you take care of it, because you re only getting one for the rest of your life. Make sure it s in top condition of a nice, long life. Exercise does not always need to be about losing weight; exercise is for keeping you fit. Your heart needs a workout once in a while, just to make sure it doesn t become too weak. Your boyfriend and your family love you more than you possibly know, and what they think about you is the only thing that should matter. They care for you, and if you become a little bit on the heavy side, trust them to tell you, and then...fix it. But I don t think you ll ever have that experience. Life has its ups and downs, and sometimes they last for a very long period of time. But you will get through this. It will pass, dear, it will pass. You don t need weight loss tips...just take care of yourself. Junk food...lazy days...they re just a part of life. Do NOT feel bad--do NOT kill yourself over such senseless matters. I have never met you, and nor will I ever meet you (most likely), but I want you to feel better; I don t want you to feel you re lost. Sadness is a state of mind that only the person experiencing it can overcome. I hope you will heed my words.

you have a problem.... you have a bad self image of yourself seek counciling please ...you are not fat sweetie...you are at a perfect weight for your height...

beilive what you and ur heart beilive in dont worry what other says. and umm dont go on those crazy diet not eating at all cuz ur making it worst i use to do that and it sux and no result. just build up a habit like eat normal each day 3-5 small meal. and make a promise to ur self that ima work out this morning or at least 3 times a week or more. there simple and easy no confusing, mix up, money wasting, long story weight losing trick.

this is a disease. you are not fat. sad, certainly you are i can see that. body mass index calculations for a person 5 5, would indicate that no weight over 140 could be considered overweight. and anything under 130, trust me, is very thin. i am 5 5, and i woudl give my right arm to weigh 115! 125 would be a realistic goal , actually! you dont need to lose weight. believe in yourself, that its more important wants inside than wahts outside, and whats outside, is not overweight. if you are however feeling fat, ugly and sad, and this persists. talk to your doctor i m sure they can help you

You don t have a weight problem. You have self-esteem issues, and that s what s making your relationships suffer.You weight is just fine, in fact you re underweight. The normal weight range for your height is 120-150 pounds.If you wanna look great, eat right and exercise. Don t skip meals but forgo in-between snacks.

I would give anything to weigh what you way!!! I m so tired of these whinny already too skinny girls crying about how fat they are! If you were really fat, which you are not, you would know what I m talking about. You have low self-esteem, possibly even a eating disorder. Sounds like you need therapy, not a diet. No matter how much weight you lose, the empty lost feeling will still be there...plz get some help.... and stop making truly overweight people feel crappier than they already do!!

Don t ever stop eating because you feel bad about yourself. If you really want to lose weight and stay trim, do what I do. I am 5 9 and 165 lbs. I ve had two kids though, but with my second one, I kept all of my weight. I am unhappy with my excess weight and because I am not toned up. Losing weight takes time, to do it healthfully, so doing simple exercises like walking or riding a bike. Just three times a week or four, you can do simple leg lifts, or find out where you want to make a difference on your body, then talk to a fitness expert, if you can. You need to understand that no matter what, you are a good person. Your boyfriend seems to really care, so talk to him.I started taking ginseng pills for energy, then taking other diet pills that help as long as you eat healthy foods and exercise. Slim fast in the morning, or whenever you feel hungry can help too. Just watch the amount of foods you eat, and stay away from too much high calorie foods. Don t ever feel bad about yourself. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to e mail me. ghostmyst_76@yahoo.com

HI, I know how you are feeling but trust me you are not fat. It sounds like you may be developing an eating disorder and you should talk to your family about it and go see a doctor. HOpe you feel better in the future!

Honey, at 5 foot 5 inches and 110 lb you are not fat by any stretch of the imagination. When someone who is obviously not fat looks in the mirror and see them selves as fat they have a disorder called anorexia nervous. You will never see your self as thin, no matter how much your bones protrude from your skin. You have a real mental health problem that will cause you serious health problem if you don t get professional help. You are slowly starving you self and depriving you body the necessary nutrients it needs for continued growth and maintenance. It will lead to osteoporosis , damage vital organs, weaken your heart and your period can stop and if it doesn t you will not be able to give birth to a healthy baby or likely not be able to carry to term. You need to face the truth, and the truth is not what you see in the mirror.

omg! you are not fat, you are turning anorexic

Join the club

just like the others were saying you probily have an eating disorder. You need to talk to a Dr about this asap. You actually are skinny for the stats you gave us. You need to have yourself checked out ASAP though before things can get worse

sweetie, your not fat. your only 110 pounds, dont see yourself as fat, your far from fat!, all those things your mom, boyfriend, family are saying about you are true, and you cant be ugly, if you have a boyfriend who says your beautiful, dont look at fashion magazines that much, there depressing, and it doesnt matter if you didnt weigh your self recently, that doesnt matter, (one more time) YOUR NOT FAT! k? so eat more, or eat something, cuz your not fat

You should not be trying to lose weight. If you still see yourself as fat, you likely have an eating disorder. You should seek counseling for this since it can end up having serious ramifications on your heath.

hey, you need to stop wanting to try and loose weight, im basically, \the same as you, my family, and other people say im to skinny but i dont think so. I think you need to stop looking at yourself for you want to be, or how skinny you want to be and just be you, okay, cause thats who everyone loves, especially your boyfriend, listen to him, I have a friend whose kinda like my bf and he says the same things to me.. and more, and well, be thankful you have someone like him cause others dont and well your boyfriend will always love you for you not how skinny you are but for you, so put a smile on, and go fix those relationships that are suffering but most of all, dont worry about your weight, its not a big deal okay. :) good luck ..