Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How to lose weight? -

I had a baby 9 months ago,and while i lost 30 pounds, i still have 30 to go.(I gained 60 pounds during pregnancy) Before getting pregnant i was always a very healthy 125-135 pounds.If i ever gained any weight it was always pretty easy for me to take it off.But now i m an stay-at-home mom.The most exercise i get is chasing around my crawling baby,but i don t have access to a gym or anything like that.Plus,i try to eat healthy ,but i somehow end up so tired at the end of the day that i en up eating whatever my husband is having,which usually isn t very healthy.I really want to lose this weight because it s really depressing me.Any routines that have worked for other moms? I ll do anything!

go to www.ivillage.comvoted best health and fitness on the webThere you will also find how to loose weight after pregnancy

Hi there, I can only imagine how hard it is to stay on track while managing your baby and how tired you must get. Being atrainer I generally get women come to me after pregnancy looking for a way to manage and lose weight from simple at home workouts and dites,It is important to remember that your home can itself be converted into a nifty gym by being innovative. Things as simple as situps, push ups leg lifts etc cna easily be done at home. Having a baby can also be a way for you to get out of the house and take it for a nice brisk walk in a pram, time yourself an aim to beat that time each day.I have some very easy workouts and plans that can be done from home on my blog http://myfitmate.blogspot.com/ which i update daily. as far as food. keep in mind that the metabolism slows as the day passes so consuming the largest meal in morning and smallest at dinner is your best bet, also consuming 5-6 meals a day in smaller portions is abetter way to speed the metabolism as well as curb the hunger. You will also find you will have more energy as your body is constantly fuelled. Try Low G.I foods this will keep your hunger levels lower and give you longer sustained energy.good luck

Diet and exercise. Have your husband watch the baby while you do to the gym. Talk to your doctor about a healthy, easy diet.

I can suggest you the following:Start a diet - Winter diet is fineExercise - it can be just walk (5 km per day at the beginning), run, dance,s wimChange the diet after two weeks - start new one, continuing exercising. The secret is the body not to get used with the particular dietDo not give up if you do not lose weight as fast as you want. The body needs time to react.Other tips and working diets www best-fat-burn-stategies com

Oh you sound exactly like me. After my first child I lost a lot of weight through breastfeeding and walking with the stroller but when my second came along it was impossible to get out and do decent exercise. And fatigue is a huge trigger for eating - you feel tired so your body craves food to get an energy boost. Like you I wasn t too bad in the day but nighttime was shocking. I d eat anything and everything.So. How to lose it. There are ways you could try to pick up your exercise. I bounce on the kids trampoline for 20 minutes while they sleep. Sometimes I get up early and literally walk around the backyard. I have some high-energy tracks on my ipod and dance around the house while I m cleaning. I dance with my kids. I take them to the park when I can and run around with them. You can also hire a treadmill and use it while watching TV or even step up and down on a large book while enjoying whatever you want to watch. Oh and dancing to the Wiggles or whatever definitely counts!! You could try getting a pedometer and seeing how you can increase your number of steps in a day.During the day take 5 mins here and there to do some toning exercises. So while your baby is on the floor get down there too and do say 20 crunches and 10 push ups. Do it again while he/she is in the high chair. Do some bicep curls with cans of food.When you think I need 45 minutes of exercise a day it can seem impossible when you have kids. But break it down and it s not too hard. Really!As for eating - that s a hard one. At the moment if I get tired and put on some music and dance. Valerie by Steve Winwood is an oldie but a goodie. It really gives me a boost. I don t finish the kids meals anymore - they go in the bin - and I try not to have junk in the house. If my husband is eating something bad I go and do something to distract myself (Yahoo Answers anyone??).Anyway. I hear you. I hate it when people say Just go jogging or get to a gym when they obviously don t understand how hard that is with a baby. But there are other ways, us moms are resourceful!!